What to do with your Vine videos?

Articles about Audio, Podcasting and Video Tips, Tools and Tutorials
Sheryl Loch

What to do with your Vine videos?

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:58 am

As you may know, the 6 second video site known as Vine is dead. Yes, they killed it and I'm not really sure why, but I am sure it has to do with money (or lack of money).

While I have no idea how some of these people did so much in 6 seconds, some people were rockin it with HUGE followings and even had sponsors. But, that is all gone now and I bet most of the Vine superstars have just moved to Youtube. At least YouTube is where I would go since you can get paid there and not so much on Facebook or Instagram.

Anyway, I have seen where Giphy is promoting that Vine videos be made into gif's and I think that is a smart move. While the stars may not get paid for making gif's, at least they could put small branding on the gif and their Giphy page to drive traffic to their new home.

If you don't know what Giphy is then you can read - Hosting for your gif’s.

Giphy is really moving up and just boasted about a big chunk of funding they got. As far as the Giphy site itself, I am not sure how or how much they are making by producing gif's for brands.

But, they are showing up more places. In fact I joined GAB and while they don't have image upload available, they do have a gif button that gives you VERY limited Giphy search. So, taking your Vine videos and trying to save them while building your brand on a new site...Giphy might be your best bet!

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com