Finding a Logo Stinger for Videos

Articles about Audio, Podcasting and Video Tips, Tools and Tutorials
Sheryl Loch

Finding a Logo Stinger for Videos

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:49 pm

What is a logo stinger or logo reveal?

Well, it is a very short little video that has animation to reveal your company name or logo.
Many people place these at the beginning of their videos or right after the hook. If you watch the RCUW interview videos, you will see our logo stinger a few seconds into the show.

Here is the RCUWomen one, so there is no confusion. ;-}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBAmWUz-ruo

These type of logo stingers are made with After Effects and many of them are bought as a template. While you can have one made that is just for you and not allowed to be redesigned, that can be costly. So, many you see are bought and edited.

I tend to get all the ones I use from http://videohive.net/category/after-eff ... ogo-stings and yes there are other sites, this is just my preferred one.
When looking for a Logo Stinger there are a few things to watch for.
If you are hiring someone to edit the stinger for you, they will probably give you some “ground rules”.

1. They may only edit a stinger that does not require plugins. Or may have only certain plugins required.

2. Look at the description to see if colors can be changed. Some are friendlier to work with than others.

3. Audio is added separately, so just because you do not like the audio, it does not rule the stinger out.

4. Since audio is separate, you may have to find your own and it may cost money.

5. Look at the length of time, a stinger can be sped up a little, but you can’t drag them out so well.

6. Look to see if the stinger has comments by others who have used it. Sometimes the comments can be confusing to a non-creator/editor, but it may give you an idea if people had lots of problems with it.

7. Look at how many sales have been made, if it is a super hot item, decide if you want yours to look like so many others.

8. Think about how YOUR logo will look on the stinger, some are better suited for squares; some can have a more rectangular shape.

9. Logo design is not usually part of the package when ordering a stinger. You do NOT want to use any copyrighted image that you do not own. Hire a designer to make your logo if you do not have one already!

10. Don’t buy a template until you have had it checked by the person who will be editing it for you!

11. Go to the site and look at a variety of templates, there are thousands and you need to have a good idea of what you feel will fit your videos.

12. Make a list with links of your favorites that you may like to use. Do not just tell the editor to pick one or you will probably get the easiest one they see!

13. Keep in mind that the more you want edited or customized, the more time it will take the editor and that may mean it will cost you more!

14. Do not go get the templates from free sites! You need a license to use them and you also want to only download from a safe site. A package from an unknown person could have all kinds of added in viruses, malware…

15. Make sure YOU buy the template yourself so you have the proper licensing in case it ever comes up.

16. Do not pick your stinger on a whim, this is something that is going to represent your brand and needs to fit your message! Take time to get it right!

Keep in mind that a logo stinger is just your logo. It is not for having a video title or video intro. A stinger is so you get the brand in, but you don’t lose viewers with a long drawn out bunch of crap that no one came to watch. If your stinger is over about 7 seconds, then you are risking viewers clicking away. If your stinger is going at the beginning of the video and you have no hook, I would take it down to 3-5 seconds max.

So there is a little info to help you get started in finding your perfect logo reveal and gives you a way to have your brand seen and cuts out the need for all the rambling that tooooo many videos do.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Finding a Logo Stinger for Videos

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:44 pm

Every time I go into videohive I get lost and overwhelmed because there are SO many choices and I like TOO many of them. This is the exact reason why I leave it to YOU!!!

As I type this I am in VideoHive while we look for a new stinger for 2016. Oy vey!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:18 pm

That is neat! I will need a very girly, fairly like noise not so manly :lol:

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:45 am

Jessica, I was thinking your Ava Grace Gals would really like the manly stingers.

Video hive has a bit of everything...in fact they have TOOOOOOOOOO much. I get lost in there.

I was lucky the other night that I went in and narrowed down to 9, then waited to look again, then narrowed down to 4 and sent those to Brad, then he narrowed down to 2 and we picked one.

I bought it, edited it and had it ready to go all in just a few hours.

While a few hours may sound crazy (it usually takes me much longer), people make the mistake of being in a hurry and not thinking it through and just pick one. Then it doesn't jive with the idea behind their videos and brand.

For the one the other night I looked at gender and age stats for similar videos to decide if I wanted manly or feminine. I also used that info to help decide colors when I edited the stinger.

You however will have it much easier as you know your audience will be women!

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:16 pm

You get SUCKED into VideoHive, Sheryl. Whenever you tell me that you have to go find a stinger, I know that I will not talk to you for at least a day.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com