Cleaning Out Inactive Twitter Accounts

Articles about Growth Hacking, Networking Tips and Tools
Sheryl Loch

Cleaning Out Inactive Twitter Accounts

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:59 pm

Have you looked at your Twitter account and wondered who are some of these people I follow?

Maybe you haven’t seen a tweet from them in so long that you have forgotten who they are.

Well, those could be dead accounts for people or businesses that have either changed profile accounts or just left Twitter all together.

While those less than active accounts really do no harm sitting there in your list of followed people, they can become a mess when you start looking to make list or organizing your Twitter.

So, there is a way to find those inactive accounts that is pretty painless. Lord knows you don’t want to open every freaking account and look at if they are still active. That would be a waste of time.

But, you can try a site called UnTweeps. It goes through your account (up to 7,500 people) and finds the ones who have not sent a tweet for a specific amount of time. It pulls up that list and then you can scan through and checkmark the ones you want to unfollow.

Is it perfect, nope but it does help. I use it on some accounts and figure if someone hasn’t tweeted in the last 30 days, they may not need to be followed. Of course you will possibly see people who you know why they haven’t tweeted and can either keep following or boot ‘em out.

This is also a good reason for you to log into Twitter every couple of weeks and send a tweet…I know I am not the only person who unfollows inactive accounts. So, if you plan on using that Twitter account in the future…KEEP IT ACTIVE!

That is my tip of the day!

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Cleaning Out Inactive Twitter Accounts

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Just unfollowed 126 people who have not been active in more than 60 days. This is so awesome to have you go test out all of these tools and tell us what works. #keepupthegoodwork #getbacktoworkdammit

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:16 pm

I'm just hoping you tweeted or I will be getting rid of you soon! LOL

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:30 am

Ha! I have tweeted just not regularly lately. I'm still tweeting at least weekly. Besides, you can't get rid of me. YOU LOVE ME!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com