FaceBook Stalker AI

Articles about Growth Hacking, Networking Tips and Tools
Sheryl Loch

FaceBook Stalker AI

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:34 am

We all know by now that Facebook is creepy. They read your public post, your private post, your private messages and all text you put on the site.

They know what post you like and what post you comment… They even follow you to see what other sites you visit!

I am pretty sure that Facebook knows what I talk about on my phone, in my house, when I take a poop and even reads my mind. I have started wearing my tin foil hat even when I shower…maybe water over head will cut their signal?

Think I am being crazy? Well, now we see how they take all that info and use to learn even more about you.

Checkout this post on TechCrunch – Facebook’s new DeepText AI categorizes everything you write.

I know that other sites also do this; in fact Google is one of them. Google and Facebook will battle to see wins the info wars when it comes to analyzing your every thought.

I mean, it is their business model to have you create content, so they can use the content for free while also serving up ads that will apply to you. They sell ads! That is what they do, the better they can target those ads…the more they make.

But, even though we know they are super stalkers, we continue to let them know more and more about us.

Although recently there was a post that Facebook wants you to stop resharing as much and post more of your own personal things…so they know more about YOU.

What is you were video chatting and someone kept saying “Oh come on, show me just a little more of you.” I bet you would be closing that door in an instant…creep stalker! But, we just keep doing a strip tease for Facebook and don’t even get a dollar stuffed in our granny panties…in fact they are the ones getting paid to watch us (hmmm, you would have to pay people to see me naked, but that isn’t the point!)

So, will you post more original personal things on Facebook?

Will you watch what you post?
FaceBook Stalker AI 1894840.png
FaceBook Stalker AI 1894840.png (364.81 KiB) Viewed 6683 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: FaceBook Stalker AI

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:04 am

Just add this to the pile of "reasons I hate Facebook". They are on their way to messing up Instagram too. Pretty soon every platform is going to be pay to play which is why I just want to keep working on our forum and building up everything here.

I read an article recently that Facebook has really been pushing people to post more personal posts. There has been a huge decline in users sharing personal posts, checkins, etc, but they are sharing more content from 3rd parties. If we don't post personal stuff on Facebook they can't gather the data in the article above. They have been increasing TimeHops and Birthdays and these memory type posts to remind you that you want to post more personal posts, so that you get the reminders later on down the road. They're messing with your mind people...lol.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:08 am

Well you know, the only way to validate that you are a good person is to post everything on Facebook and get LIKES. If you don't get enough likes, people will think something is wrong with you.

It is abnormal not to be on Facebook getting likes!
I'd say Facebook should be about conversations...but most are to LAZY for that, they will just help validate you the easy way...by pushing that LIKE button.

I do like screwing with Facebook and post off the wall words, just to see what ads they find to show me about that word/phrase.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Everyone is in need of effing validation. WTF?! We have created a society that depends on validation and the vanity numbers that support (or not) that validation. I'm good with my handful of friends and family who think I'm crazy, but will support me.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:41 pm

But these validation issues are not new. Even way back in time when I was in school people needed to hang with the cool kids, they wanted to be cheerleaders, have letterman jackets, homecoming queen/king or even who road the fastest dinosaur to school.

Think of the old autograph books where you ask everyone to write in it...validation.
Or were you in certain yearbook photos that meant you were accepted by certain people.
Even sororities or gangs are all for being part of something to prove your self worth.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:47 am

This is true. Maybe it just seems more prevalent because it's online and it's bigger and more in your face.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:39 pm

I think that is it...now we see it live everyday.

We also see the attention seekers on sites like Facebook...oh my, the drama, my life is so bad, I am sad, depressed, upset, sick...all so people ask what's wrong...and then they say "oh nothing I can talk about".
If you can't talk about it, then why post if not for attention?
Wonder what Facebooks AI is determining about these people? Probably has them on a list to send to big pharma or a Gov list of possible people to watch.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:38 pm

SO MANY attention seekers. It's really annoying. Lately, I've been effing around and posting totally random statements and the comments are hilarious. I get more engagement on the random stuff than I do on the stuff I actually care about. Go figure.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:26 am

After looking at my "Facebook Ad Preferences" I see that Facebooks stalking ability is a bit off! Not sure if they are stalking me or just taking random guesses.

Then again, they have pushed to get people to post more personal things and that could mean the info they collect isn't as targeted.

If they are counting clicks on links, then who knows, because I click on all kinds of stories, some just out of curiosity and have no real interest.

You can see a few things that Facebook targets me for in my post Find Your FaceBook Ad Preferences

You should check yours...you might just find out interesting things abut yourself. LOL

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:15 pm

Ok, I went in and changed preferences. Holy crap. Some are way off. Even the advertisers were weird. I'm being targeted by Pet companies because I have a cat. No really, they must think #mylittlegremlin is a cat. Hello Facebook, I have a DOG!

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:21 pm

I don't think they have a clue what they should target us for. Hell, just throw on some funky post and watch how crazy they go with targeting!

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:27 am

With all their AI and algo information, you would think they would be way better at targeting. I find it interesting how off it is with some things. I wonder how this affects ad buys and how we target.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com