How To Schedule Post to Instagram from Desktop

Articles about Growth Hacking, Networking Tips and Tools
Sheryl Loch

How To Schedule Post to Instagram from Desktop

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:41 am

UPDATE – 7/31/2016

I have been testing all these programs and apps to post images to Instagram from my desktop and while the InstaPic for Windows did ok, I did have to reboot sometimes to get it to take an image the correct size.

The other problem I had was remembering to go post at certain times. No, it is not a huge issue but can be a pain in the butt!

Lucky for me…I found a tool that will let me schedule Instagram post from my desktop.
This handy little does much more like finding popular tags and hottest images for your key terms, I wanted it for the scheduling!

If you want to checkout how you can schedule your Instagram Post and do it from your desktop without paying a monthly fee – then click my Affiliate link HERE

Yes, that is my affiliate link and I will make $ when you purchase the tool using this link!

-------------------------------------------------------->>>>>

ORIGINAL POST -
Looking at programs that will allow you to post your images to Instagram your desktop.

Lany and I were talking about Instagram and I said that most off my images are on my PC because; I never use my tablet for taking pictures.

I was posting my images from my desktop onto G+ and then getting on my tablet and sharing that image to Instagram…what a pain. I have also used the DropBox method, which is fine for uploading edited videos to Instagram, but to much trouble for just images.

So, I have been looking at ways to post via my PC. I have not tested all of these, but thought I would make a list with a little about them and see if you had any experience with any of them or knew of others.

1. Latergramme This program does have a Free option with limitations.
The free plan lets you have up to 30 post a month, up to 2 Instagram accounts and a team member. (If you use 2 profiles, the total post is still 30)
They have a plan for $19 a month that is probably goo if you are serious about building your Instagram as it allows 250 post a month. If you need even more they do have bigger plans.

2. Schedugr.am This could be ok. It allows scheduling of photos and videos. It also allows for multiple accounts to be used with 1 login. The price starts at $20 a month for up to 10,000 followers…the more followers, the higher the price. This is a per Instagram account price.

3. InstaPic This is an App that you can get for Windows 8 (Not sure if Windows 10 has it). The reviews as I write this are not the greatest. It seems to have some problems if you want to handle all your Instagram from the app. It does not have complaints against just uploading images. It has some photo editing features. I did install to check it out. If it stinks, I’ll uninstall.

4. Blue Stacks This is one you download on your PC or Mac and it lets you run apps just as if it was your mobile. I saw several people saying it worked great. I however just don’t know if I need all that it offers since, I have no real apps on my tablet that I can’t use on my PC other than Instagram. If you have lots of mobile apps you would like to use on your desktop, then check this out. It seems to be free!

5. Onlypult Not sure what that name is but here we go. It allows you to schedule post and repost. The starter package is only $12 a month and allows 3 Instagram accounts and you can also have a manager. This was the only 1 I saw that has analytics…could be a big bonus!

6. DeskGram – Ok, I found this one, but I am not sure how up to date it is. The company Twitter sent a Tweet on Aug 23 saying they were updating, but the site still has listed that you can post images of 640x640 and I think Instagram is now going with 1600x1600. So, if you want to check this one out, go ahead. It seems to be free.

7. Wisel.It This one looks interesting as it is not too expensive and it allows you to schedule your Instagram post! The starter package is only $7.99 you can have 2 Instagram accounts with up to 48 post per day for each account (Dang that would be a LOT of selfies, you need therapy). It also has filters and allows you to repost. If I get serious about Instagram, I may check this one out.

8. Push.Photo This is not free, but for $9.75 a month you can connect 2 Instagram accounts. It doesn’t say if there is a limit on how many scheduled post you can have with this plan. I did see that you can NOT post videos to Instagram through this site. If you need a larger plan with more accounts…they have them and not badly priced (if it works).

9. Hootsuite That is all I am going to say about this one as I do NOT want the Hootsuite hatters yelling at me.

Well there ya go…I found a few and would love it if you told us about the ones you have tried.
440 - pctoinstagram.jpg
440 - pctoinstagram.jpg (29.82 KiB) Viewed 9759 times
440 - X - Post to instagram from desktop.png
440 - X - Post to instagram from desktop.png (26.83 KiB) Viewed 9546 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: How To Post to Instagram from Desktop

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:39 am

Wow! I love all of these options. I'm really glad YOU did the homework for me, so all I have to do is decide which one I want to use! :D

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Yes, I did this all for YOU!!!

OK, maybe I was looking anyway, but that's not the point. LOL

I have been using the InstaPic for Windows on my 8.1 and it works pretty good. The search is a bit funky at times, but I can post images easily, comment and heart other peoples post, share post and follow accounts. I also added a connected account (Twitter) using the app.

Here is the Instagram image I posted with the app Granny Fran with heavy equipment

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:22 am

I know you totally did it all for me. :D Ha!

This is really handy though.. There are so many stinking apps that it's hard to figure out where to start sometimes. I'm now trying to decide which one to use.

Love that pic of Granny!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

heydianahey

Re: How To Schedule Post to Instagram from Desktop

Unread post by heydianahey » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:34 am

Hi! I work for Onlypult – service for scheduling Instagram posts. We also provide analytics for your Instagram accounts, as well as user activity. There are three tabs in this feature: Audience, Engagement, and Optimization. “Audience” tab provides information on your followers: Total Follower Number, Follower Change, Maximum Follower Change, and Average Follower Change. “Engagement” tab has information on posts, likes and comments with the following sections: Total Posts, Total Likes, Total Comments Average, Likes Per Post Average, and Comments Per Post. And “Optimization” tab will tell you the best days of the week, best days, hours and hashtags that get the most engagement. Each tab features graphs that help visualize information. Your data can be adjusted to see the changes in “All time”, “Last six months”, “Last month”, “Last week”, “This month” and you can compare it throughout a day, a week or a month. Let me know if you have any questions!