Peeple App for Rating People

Topics you want to discuss or that are trending on social media.
Sheryl Loch

Peeple App for Rating People

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:02 am

Oh here we go...as if a dislike button, thumbs down or business bad reviews weren't enough, now we will have a site where you can leave reviews for people.

Just think of the fun you can have with all those people who have pissed you off or offended you in any number of ways when you can just log on and leave a review talking about their genital warts, stinky feet or maybe their evil kids. I see JOY in the future of being online.

No kidding, there is a new site that is meant to "spread love" by letting people review and leave notes about other people. Read There will soon be a Yelp for people — and it sounds truly awful

The bad news is, I will not be joining the site even though it sounds like fun. If you are not a member of the site, no bad reviews will be made public. But as we know...many of those people who think that the world loves them will join just so people can rave about them...or maybe rant.

This could be like Hotel California...once you register, you can never leave.
440 - X - Peeple.png
440 - X - Peeple.png (16.61 KiB) Viewed 5941 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Peeple App for Rating People

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Holy wow! This could be really interesting.

On one hand, it could be valuable to identify the scammers and shysters. On the other hand, those people who get joy being vindictive or messing with other people could cause problems for legitimately nice people.

I don't think I'll be signing up for that either.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:43 am

Geesh Lany, where is your sense of adventure? You never know, people may just be looking for a place to tell others how much they love you. LOL

I see today that the owners of the Peeple App are upset that they are getting a beat down on blogs and social media...DUH. That is the same reason no one wants to join their site. LOL

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:45 am

I have no sense of adventure when it comes to this stuff.... LOL! No freaking way!

Surprise, surprise... no one wants to risk getting axed online because that is essentially what it is. Crap, we all know that what goes online stays online. Bad reviews included. Stupid app creators.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:08 am

If all those people can take a break from sitting around holding hands and singing Kumbaya, then maybe the site will get members.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Kirstin Hancock

Unread post by Kirstin Hancock » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:09 pm

I really couldn't think of anything worse! Everyone has good qualities and qualities that they would like to keep hidden. People react differently to different situations for varying reasons. Perhaps those without fault should cast the first stone!

Kirstin Hancock
Co-founder Blue Maestro
Inventor Pacif-i, the Smart Pacifier

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:13 pm

Ok, that sheds a whole new light on it. Thanks Michele!

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Well, she might have on rose colored glasses, but it seems the site is shut down for the most part and she went into hiding, so she couldn't even take ridicule herself but expects others to?

I have to wonder what these ladies were smoking when they thought it would all be rainbows and hugs? They knew from the start that people could post bad things because they made a section for things like STD's...these ladies are now busted and just want to make themselves the victims, yet if others were victims, they didn't care.

Peeple shutdown

And when I tweeted this thread out, I got a reply to the post Four Ways to Fail at Your Next Brand Launch
It shows some tweets and how the founder of Peeple reacted to the mess...even threatening police action.

What a freakin mess...I hope it is lesson learned!

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Holy crap... she completely changed her inital app and then tried to make it a positive. She failed big time. As that article stated, people do not want to be rated like businesses. Some of the original FAQ's and TOS do not align with her post on Linkedin at all.

She's feeling the brunt of what people would experience on her app whether or not they signed up for the app. It sucks to be attacked online, really sucks. You feel helpless and vulnerable with no way to defend yourself against attacks whether they are founded or baseless.

She's kinda getting a taste of her own medicine. A part of me feels for her because that sucks, BUT she also set herself up and put herself out there and at this point we all know once you are online you are subject to a whole other set of rules.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:08 am

Lany Sullivan wrote:She's feeling the brunt of what people would experience on her app whether or not they signed up for the app. It sucks to be attacked online, really sucks. You feel helpless and vulnerable with no way to defend yourself against attacks whether they are founded or baseless.

She's kinda getting a taste of her own medicine. A part of me feels for her because that sucks, BUT she also set herself up and put herself out there and at this point we all know once you are online you are subject to a whole other set of rules.
Agreed Lany. We don't need to fuel any neg-heads's fires with another platform where they can be voyeurs and attach people from behind their fake social identities.

Michele Jennae
Sowing Seeds of Serendipity

www.artuitivecoaching.com