Is your live stream legal?

Videos about Audio, Podcasting and Video Tips, Tools and Tutorials
JessMaynard

Is your live stream legal?

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:47 am

So many people are loving live streaming for their business. Periscope, Meerkat & blab give brands a way to really connect with their customers BUT what are the legalities? Could you get in trouble? Lose your account, get shut down or worst of all get sued??
https://youtu.be/svAvlj1rxK4

What are your thoughts/ concerns?

Share on social!

Download these images made for your convenience and add this link
440 -The legal side of live streaming 2.png
440 -The legal side of live streaming 2.png (179.83 KiB) Viewed 4387 times
Attachments
440 -Legal side of live streaming 1 440.png
440 -Legal side of live streaming 1 440.png (81.11 KiB) Viewed 4387 times
440 - The legal side of live streaming 6.png
440 - The legal side of live streaming 6.png (135.09 KiB) Viewed 4387 times
440 - The legal side of live streaming 3.png
440 - The legal side of live streaming 3.png (99.14 KiB) Viewed 4387 times

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

MicheleJennae

Re: Is your live steam legal?

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:33 am

Lots to think about here...

I think I'll stay away from livestreaming for now. Ha ha! Got too much on my plate now anyway...

Michele Jennae
Sowing Seeds of Serendipity

www.artuitivecoaching.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 am

I am all about making personal relationships but I do have concerns. I am so on the fence Michele, I will watch this video again.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Keep in mind that many of the things talked about in this video apply to all types of sites and regular videos.

I am a stickler when we have people on our videos...I want to make sure they have no trademarked clothes or hats. They are not displaying any trademarked or copywritten things in their background. I also watch if they are drinking a brand....all these things seem simple and when I mention them, people reply...

Other people do it and their videos are fine, or no big brand is going to care, or I'm advertising why should they care...

Well, when you get enough views or monetize...they may care and it is NEVER worth it to me to have that branded or copyright things that will cause issues.

I have fought copyright strikes on YouTube and know what a pain in the ass it is even when you have the rights and license...if you don't have those things...you are going to lose.

Remember that 1 copyright may just get your video removed, but 3 will have your channel deleted. All your hard work GONE!

In this video we also have rights of privacy which is a whole other ball game that can not only get you in legal trouble, but could be dangerous or others.

Just so much GOOD in this one interview with Sara F. Hawkins!

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

amelm

Re: Is your live stream legal?

Unread post by amelm » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:27 am

Thanks Sara for your great tips!

It's seems more difficult to get privacy online and offline nowadays with live streaming and mobiles.

Some people are not even protecting their own privacy. There is currently and option on Periscope that shows your exact address when you're streaming live. A lot of people don't know about it and they end up sharing their personal home address with the entire periscope world.

I think this is a big issue and we should all start by teaching our teenagers and kids about privacy and copyrights issue soon before they start using the web extensively.

Again, thanks Sara and Lany for this video!

Wishing all the best.
Amel.

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Is your live stream legal?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:01 pm

I had no idea that the address shows up when live streaming on Periscope! Yikes! That is not good at all. I've only done one Periscope and I really don't have a desire to personally live stream. We are starting a Blab series, but we are being VERY strategic about it.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com