Is Your Business Listening on Social Media

Videos about Growth Hacking, Networking Tips and Tools
Sheryl Loch

Is Your Business Listening on Social Media

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:21 pm

If you are trying to improve your business and think that posting your wares on social media is the answer…you might be doing it wrong.

Listen in as Ammon Johns tells us how listening to what is being said on social media is more important than just posting. What you are posting may be a real turn off to customer’s or maybe what you are posting isn’t anything they want to hear.

Like in real life, to be a valuable part of the conversation you just need to learn what the conversation is about. You just walk in to a party and start jumping into conversations with your thoughts; those thoughts may not be welcome and after a bit, neither are you.

But, if you just listen for a while, you will quickly learn what the people are talking about, what info they want to be shared, what questions they have, the complaints they have and you will be better prepared to give those answers in a helpful way.

You may even learn what they think of your competitors…maybe you can use that info to better your business and responses.

Ok, go ahead and watch the video as Ammon does a far better job of explaining this than I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glBknSndKGg

Do you have more tips or tools that you can share to help us?

Download the image to share or pin on Pinterest attaching the link to this post -

Code: Select all

http://rcuwomen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=322
440 - Listen on Social Media.png
440 - Listen on Social Media.png (34.58 KiB) Viewed 6171 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

JessMaynard

Re: Is Your Business Listening on Social Media

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:37 pm

I ask my Facebook fans what they want all the time! Show them a picture of 2 items then ask them which one? Also if you show a product and they comment and say oh I wish it was blue. Well note that and maybe get it in blue next time if a few people also want that.

If someone wants an Instagram tool with http://www.squarelovin.com has analytics and you can interact and look back and look around to listen to your customers.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:30 am

I find so many businesses don't listen or they have selective listening. I loved this conversation with Ammon. He made so many good points in this conversation.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:41 am

It is the most amazing research you can do~just ask them what they want.
Also some people don't know this but I can look at who has liked my pages and see what else they like. (I know that is a little stalker like) This really helps me figure out who they are & how I can serve them best.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:40 am

Yes, listening and paying attention to your customers. What they are saying, watching, who they follow and how they interact can be key indicators for how you can approach them or create strategies to meet them where they are.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Black_Knight

Unread post by Black_Knight » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:37 pm

JessMaynard wrote:It is the most amazing research you can do~just ask them what they want.
In general, absolutely.

Just remember the one golden rule: what people say isn't always the truth. In part, that's because sometimes, when people we like ask us a question, they may not even want a really honest answer. Its the old "Does my butt look big in this?" issue, compounded by the fact that we often want to be thought to be a little better than we might only secretly admit we are.

People will almost always tell you they do more for charity than they really do. They'll answer in ways that they think make them look better, more generous, smarter, and more caring. When you play fly on the wall, and listen in without drawing attention to yourself, you hear more honest answers than if you outright ask them questions. Because just the act of asking a question draws attention to the idea that someone is paying attention to what you may answer. :)

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:37 am

Great point Ammon but I am often asking do you like the red shirt or the blue one so I think most people are pretty straight with me :D

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Black_Knight

Unread post by Black_Knight » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:37 am

Always the blue shirt, Jess. People wearing red shirts die first, you know. :)