Spend the day with me

Videos discussing business that do not fit in a more refined area.
Sheryl Loch

Spend the day with me

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:08 pm

We have all heard that when a brand or company lets customers meet the employees or get a look behind the scenes the customer feels more trust and they feel more connected to the brand.

We see different companies make this connection in different ways.

I think Zappos is the king when it comes to this. Their employees are right out front as they are involved in making videos, taking pictures, tweeting… You meet the company as a whole and not just an “assigned face”. Zappos is also very involved in the community and while I could go on and on about how Zappos wins people over, I will stop for now.

The point is that people want to know your brand is human and has real humans working there.

A big brand may have more options for behind the scenes or may have a chance to sponsor local events so they can make a connection with customers, but us little guys can do it too.

While there are so many ways your small company can show its human side, I have made an example of one way to bring people into your world. Let them see what goes on behind the scenes.

This is a time lapse of my day. It happened to be a rainy Saturday and I couldn’t set up the camera outside, so I brought it inside with me.

Now you can see that I am totally human (even if I have a robot voice). I am just me, t-shirt, comfy pants (yes, I had on pants), hair just pulled back and barefoot. This is me!
While I may put on a nicer shirt, real pants and flip-flops to go out, I don’t wear that while sitting in front of my computer.

Go ahead and click the play button to spend a full 7 hours with me. Ok, the video is not 7 hours long, thanks to time lapse, it is only a 1 minute and 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eavZdZvdA4

Is your business ready to step out and show the world that you are real people?

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

isha, just isha

Re: Spend the day with me

Unread post by isha, just isha » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:12 pm

(y)

That was fun, Sheryl.

I don't think the world is ready yet to see my wreck! Tehee. x

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Oh now Isha, the world wasn't ready to see me either, but I will force them to face it. LOL

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:47 am

I love that you did this. I don't think this would work for me...but love seeing how you put 7 hours of work into a time lapse. And look at all that RCUW stuff you were working on! Yay!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

systemsavvy

Unread post by systemsavvy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Love this . . . now . . .how to apply the brilliant idea to my biz . . . ???? time to think!

Make today productive, rewarding, and fun!

Lisa

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:48 pm

Lisa, a lot of people have been using SnapChat for this, but that would not fit what I do. Doubt people want to follow me when I am always in the same chair. LOL!

If I started doing more stuff out, maybe I would look into using SnapChat, but that means I would also have to get a mobile phone.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com