Go For No!

Videos discussing business that do not fit in a more refined area.
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Go For No!

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:19 am

Back in the day when I was a sales person, I went through tons of different trainings. Some were good, some not so much. As a salesperson, you have to not be afraid of rejection. It's not personal when someone tells you they are not interested, but somewhere in our psyche we relate it to personal rejection. IT'S NOT PERSONAL!

One thing I learned about 15 years ago is that the average sale takes anywhere from 5-12 NO's before the deal actually closes. That's a lot of NO's. Knowing this little fact made a big difference in how I approached my sales calls. I wasn't instantly improved, but I found ways to get more YES's than NO's. I became one of the top sales people in the company that I worked for and started training others how to improve their sales.

About 5 years ago, I read Go For NO. Personally, it didn't tell me a whole lot that I didn't know already, but it refreshed what I knew. I really appreciated the way that the authors wrote the book too. It's an easy 80 page read and it takes you on a journey of what can happen when you go for NO.

I had the honor of interviewing Andrea Waltz, one of the authors, last year and she breaks down in more detail the 5 levels of failure. The higher the level of failure, the higher level of success you can reach.

What level of failure have you reached?

https://youtu.be/FejhSvIX9m8

Note: The Amazon link to Go For No is an affiliate link. I might make a small fee from Amazon if you purchase it through the link I provided.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com