Don't publish that post without this essential element

Articles about writing and publishing tips, techniques, ebooks...
Marisa Goudy

Don't publish that post without this essential element

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 am

Beach vacations are meant to be unstructured, relaxed situations. Blog posts are not.

Start meandering through your next biz blog post like a kid making her way across the sand and your readers will click away faster than a live lobster trying to escape the pot.

If you must blog while on holiday (it's not a given) just be sure you've got a real call to action to give your writing a sense of purpose - both for the reader and for your bottom line.

Read the whole post here to decide if you've got something to write and share that's worth interrupting your family time: http://marisagoudy.com/hold-on-there-su ... ing-about/

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

krangara

Re: Don't publish that post without this essential element

Unread post by krangara » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 pm

"Start meandering through your next biz blog post like a kid making her way across the sand and your readers will click away faster than a live lobster trying to escape the pot. "

Vivid analogies - thanks Marisa #HUGS

K

Live without inhibition, love without restriction, laugh without hesitation - you are an inspiration to all! So smile and watch others curve their lips upwards too! ;)

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Great article. Blogging to blog is fine as a personal journal, but if you're building a business or professional platform a strategy is important.

Michele Jennae
Sowing Seeds of Serendipity

www.artuitivecoaching.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:15 am

I haven't written anything in months. I know I have things I need to write, but I don't feel like there's enough value in my thoughts at the moment. I don't want to write to just write either.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:47 am

This is a huge reason I haven't started blogging. I don't want a journal for all to read. I will remember to always have a call to action once I start and will be strategic when I move forward with it too!!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:05 am

Lany, I KNOW there is huge value in your thoughts. It isn't always easy to convey that value however when you have so much going on, as I know you do! I think the need to get your thoughts more cohesive and organized might be where you see the lack of value. I struggle with the same but I'm getting better.

Jess, I'm not really the journal type either. I enjoy other people's journal styles, but it's not my style at all. I really want meat and potatoes, so I make sure that I write about the meat and potatoes so to speak.

Michele Jennae

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:45 am

Yes! I struggle with cohesiveness sometimes. I'll start writing again soon. I am SO focused on this community and creating as much value as I can for our users/audience.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Marisa Goudy

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:58 am

Sorry to have missed this great conversation - thanks for reading, all!

You are all brilliant, multi-faceted women who collect wisdom by the bucket load. You have WAY more to write about than you imagine both in terms of personal stories (that can totally be crafted into useful posts) and Michele's meat and potatoes info.

My suggestion would be to think about how you can repurpose just about anything... Lany, a simple round up of the most interesting points from a couple of your recent interviews = instant blog post. Jess, your take on all the vanity sizing hoopla is a quick way to focus attention on the importance of fashion. And I look forward to reading more of your posts and finding out the flavor of your meat and potatoes!

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Thank you Marisa. I am definitely getting back into a regular blogging habit (slowly but surely) and re-purposing content is a great strategy suggestion. Often, I'll read someone else's article and build on it from my own viewpoint, with references and linkbacks of course.

I also know that personal stories do add to my meat and potatoes! A seasoning of sorts! Thank you for the reminder!

Michele Jennae

Marisa Goudy

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:45 pm

A few salty stories make every meal more interesting. Just be sure to butter up the readers a little first.

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

marisagoudy.com