One Man's "Junk Mail" Is Another Man's "Copywriting Gold"

Articles about writing and publishing tips, techniques, ebooks...
krangara

One Man's "Junk Mail" Is Another Man's "Copywriting Gold"

Unread post by krangara » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:27 pm

This has to be the best headline I have come across this year: How To Write The Best Copy Ever With Advice From Junk Mail

IRRESISTIBLE, eh? And that's the first lesson that 'junk mails' teach you: craft shocking, unorthodox, bizarre, weird, uncommon headlines!

In this BRILLIANT article, the prolific Julie N of CoSchedule turns to the 'pests of postal service' - JUNK MAIL - for advice on how to write copy that converts

She looks at some popular direct marketers for inspiration, with Bill Jayme, the Modern Father of CONVERTING Junk Mail ;) , playing the central role in this post. Some tips from his stable:
Using mystery and intrigue
Involving readers psychologically
Using urgency
Turning the service/product into something else.
Saying the word “free.”
Using exciting words.
Knowing who was reading
The links that she has listed in this article are alone worth your attention! I am interested to lap up a NEw Yorker profile of Bill Jayme, since telling stories about people and brands is MY favorite kind of writing! ;)

I can continue gushing about this article, but I'll stop and say: please give it a read... #HUGS
Kitto

Live without inhibition, love without restriction, laugh without hesitation - you are an inspiration to all! So smile and watch others curve their lips upwards too! ;)

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: One Man's "Junk Mail" Is Another Man's "Copywriting Gold"

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:26 am

I do this with emails too. There are some emails with great copy in them. I think we can find some great examples of content in so many areas that we touch on a daily basis.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com