4 Simple Ways to Choose Topics for Your Blog

Articles about writing and publishing tips, techniques, ebooks...
krangara

4 Simple Ways to Choose Topics for Your Blog

Unread post by krangara » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:02 am

Neil Patel used to be one of my least favorite content marketers/writers: I thought his penmanship was sloppy, selfish and salesy!

BOY, has he proved me wrong in the last year by having a COMPLETE makeover or what?! Now, his prose is clear, consistent, coherent and CREATIVE. His writing flows from one word to another...before you know, you have read, shared and bookmarked his pieces of wisdom.

What's amazing is that he always says something new, despite guest posting EVERYWHERE! LOL

In this article, he confesses to being thirsty for ideas in his early blogging days. But, today, he has found a formula that works. He no longer struggles with a dearth of ideas; he struggles with an abundance of ideas! :D

Following are 4 simple ways to choose blog topics:

a. Know your target audience
b. Make relevance your guiding light: this section ALONE is worth 10 reads ;)
c. Steal approaches from other blogs
d. Use effective tools (Buzzsumo and Alltop)

I hope you enjoy this article just as much <3

Kitto

Live without inhibition, love without restriction, laugh without hesitation - you are an inspiration to all! So smile and watch others curve their lips upwards too! ;)

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: 4 Simple Ways to Choose Topics for Your Blog

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:18 am

Do you think his writing changed because he hired a copy writer? Just curious. :D

I think "C" is my favorite. It's a good tactic in business across the board. You can see what others are doing that is or has been successful and utilize them for your own business.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com