Think this line as you write every blog post

Articles about writing and publishing tips, techniques, ebooks...
Marisa Goudy

Think this line as you write every blog post

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:45 am

Have you heard Demian Farnworth's new podcast on Rainmaker.FM called Rough Draft? I can't listen to more than one or two episodes at a time (even though they're super short), but he does deliver some great content. For what it's worth, my five year old really thinks his delivery style is quite cool.

It's worth starting at the beginning since each episode tends to build on what he's covered previously, but you might want to dip your toes in with this one:How I’ll Make You Read Every Single Line of This Article.

The most important takeaway? "A sentence you should use to start everything you write." Don't have seven minutes to invest in this one? I'll tell you what that sentence is:

"You've been on my mind lately."

Write each post for your reader with that dedication to her needs and interests and you can't go wrong.

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Think this line as you write every blog post

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:54 am

That advice is so sound across your entire business model. You reader, listener, audience should always be your focus. It's surprising to me how many websites, video creators, podcasters, writers are still focus inward on themselves rather than outward on the audience they really want to attract.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

krangara

Unread post by krangara » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Demian is one of a kind. Thank you, Marisa. I am glad he has also included the show notes. #hugs

Live without inhibition, love without restriction, laugh without hesitation - you are an inspiration to all! So smile and watch others curve their lips upwards too! ;)

Marisa Goudy

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:50 am

Blair Glaser wrote a post about how entrepreneurship is the new therapy http://blairglaser.com/blog/entrepreneu ... w-therapy/

I ran with her point in a post of my own about how "heart-centered" business people tend to get lost in their own process of becoming. http://marisagoudy.com/the-words-you-us ... -yourself/

There's so much to discover about yourself through self employment that biz basics get lost - or don't come until one has been through the "therapy" stage. And so we have coaches to steer the well meaning entrepreneurs back on the client-centric track.

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com