Steven Tyler Goes Country Pop

Videos about learning music, philosophy, your favorite song
Sheryl Loch

Steven Tyler Goes Country Pop

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Steven Tyler just released a new single that is a bit different than his usual rock. Many are saying that this song 'Love is Your Name', is country although I would say it is more country pop. It may show him out in the boonies, but that alone doesn't make it country.

In fact I know it isn't country since he doesn't mention a pickup truck, drinking, momma or a dog. You can't have a country song with out at least 1 of those.

While I normally like Steven Tyler, I am not excited about this song. It just seems pitiful. It could be that I expect more from the Aerosmith front man, than what this song offers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0n40GVcj64

What do you think, is it a song you could grow to love?

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

JessMaynard

Re: Steven Tyler Goes Country Pop

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:21 pm

I like it but you are right; it is missing many of the "country" cliches, except-oh there is a bonfire & guitars. :lol:

The video is very bohemian in imagery really. & They may want to cast a girl in the video more his age because I kept thinking~~if he is singing to her? That is a little eww-factor. She is beautiful but looks like a child, could be his child.

I could see it being a wedding anthem based on the words but I may also just have wedding brain.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Steven Tyler Goes Country Pop

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Ok, they really touched up his skin in this video! Is that bad that that is the first thing I noticed? Lol!

I like this song, but I am not a fan of the video at all. Jess, I agree... eww factor definitely!

Definitely more country pop, Sheryl. I'm a huge country fan and he is definitely going for that audience.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com