Is Pampering a Bad Word?

Videos to help improve your health and fitness.
JessMaynard

Is Pampering a Bad Word?

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:13 pm

How do you take care of yourself? How can you reach your potential with the weight of the world on your shoulders? This video will hopefully start us down a road away from thinking of pampering as something we should feel guilty about and onto a road where we realize being at our optimum will ultimately benefit the world around us.

https://youtu.be/ec2xzpDOvTM

Now, how do you take care of yourself? What is your favorite way to do something special for yourself? How do you pamper yourself?

I would love to know everyone's favorite subscriptions or stores or beauty products or books or whatever & as long as it doesn't get spammy or off topic; links would be appreciated. Help each other find some great "self-care"!!
440- pamper RT with Jess.jpg
440- pamper RT with Jess.jpg (80.5 KiB) Viewed 4603 times

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Is Pampering a Bad Word?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Gosh, I hope it's not a bad word! I was telling my mom that I will buy a book before I will buy food. It's one of my pampering, self care things that I do. I also love spa days. These are so good for me. They take me out of my head and my day to day worries and stresses. It's a good distraction and let's me focus on me.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:20 pm

So Lany what is a favorite book or book series we could all get ourselves that you would recommend??

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm in love with the Outlander series. It's 8 books and a 9th is coming. It's also now a show in Starz. The author has an amazing gift with words that makes you feels and see everything. They really pull you in.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Sweet, I will check it out. I had seen that on Starz but didn't know it was a book too! I love book series. Right now I am on book two of the They Who Fell series. I like it.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:39 pm

I love series too. I always hate when they end though... I will check out that series you mentioned. I'll add it to the list of books to read.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Kirstin Hancock

Unread post by Kirstin Hancock » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:49 pm

I rarely pamper myself or take time out at present! Your post has reminded me of the importance of refreshing my energy to give back to others. All non-essential sending on 'Pampering' has been cut out of the equation, so this leaves me thinking about the ways we can pamper ourselves without paying money for the pleasure. I am going to take a walk in the autumn leaves, kick them all about and remind myself of my home town, where when I was at university falling in love with my husband, I use to leap thought the piled up high piles of leaves carefree!

Kirstin Hancock
Co-founder Blue Maestro
Inventor Pacif-i, the Smart Pacifier

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Kirst, you're right! We don't have to spend money to pamper ourselves at all. It's all about enjoying moments, taking some time to clear our heads and get rejuvenated one way or another. I love playing in the leaves! They have huge piles of them around here right now.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Love that Kirstin! You are right there are so many ways to pamper ourselves without paying for it too!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert