Work those heels...I mean ankles!

Articles about Fashion, Beauty, and Wearable Tech
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Work those heels...I mean ankles!

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:03 am

For those of us who love our high heels this article helps us strenghten our ankles to prevent injury! I hate to admit that I have had more than one strained or sprained ankle from misstepping in my high heels. Now we have the best exercise to prevent injury while we continue to look hot in our heels. :)

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Re: Work those heels...I mean ankles!

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:53 am

Good to know, I wear wedges rather than heels. That way I don't sink in grass and have a bit more of a foundation to stand on :D

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Kirstin Hancock

Unread post by Kirstin Hancock » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:07 pm

I have very weak ankles as a result of sporting injuries in my teens! Its not that I don't wear heels but flats suit my every day activities much better! I am always rushing here and there so always wear sensible footwear!

Kirstin Hancock
Co-founder Blue Maestro
Inventor Pacif-i, the Smart Pacifier

Marisa Goudy

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:56 pm

I'll never forget Christmas Eve 2001 - the night of the ankle sprain that changed my life. For 10 years I was a chronic ankle twister - every major event and ever big hike with my outdoorsy then-boyfriend seemed to be ruined by the dreaded twist. Finally, acupuncture was what changed everything. My friend/practitioner described as "teaching my ankle how to be an ankle again."

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:57 pm

Oh man! I have twisted my ankles so, so many times. Most of my heels are 5". I get a lot of grief from people because I wear high heels when I am already so tall. I tell people that I've got to keep up with my brothers who are all 6' 2"-6'7"! I am definitely going to start doing these ankle exercises so that way my ankles will be stronger.

Marisa, I love that your acupuncturist said. Teaching your ankle how to be an ankle again. So smart!

Kirstin, I need to invest in more flats! I feel like I always get blisters in flats, so I need to find some comfy ones somewhere.

Jess, I've got some cute wedges, but I sure do love my stilletos. :D

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com