I am Jess

Please introduce yourself before posting in other areas.
We want to know about YOU, not just your business!

Moderator: JessMaynard

JessMaynard

I am Jess

Unread post by JessMaynard » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:07 am

I have been a member and moderator here on the rcuw forum for a while now but I haven't introduced myself.
I am Jess. I am a daughter, a sister, a wife (just married 7/25/15), a mom (my son is 15) and a friend. I am fun, caring, funny, smart, kind and quiet at times. I think it's taken me so long to write this because I am so many things so it's hard to know where to start. And honestly the last few months have be really redefining with my new marriage and my new boutique.

So what do I do...well I own an online boutique called Ava Grace Fashions. I have been in the fashion/retail world for just a short bit but I feel like everything I have done for work, home businesses and hobbies have led me to right where I am. I use my teaching degree to think of ways to teach my customers~make style a bit more accessible to more people & to teach a bit about the eco-friendly fabrics and fair labor practices I am oh so passionate about. I did a stint selling vitamins and make up which really woke up my passion for being mindful of what is in the products I use and leaning toward the healthy. I was in banking for a bit where I got a good feel for numbers, watched successful businesses and what they did with their banking and was part of the internet banking team and was able to update and change the bank's website; all preparing me to do those things for my own business. I learned a ton from my time as a Premier Designs jewelry lady~the training with this company is more about helping people feel loved than about selling them a necklace and I have been able to carry that over to my boutique (PS- I am still a jewelry lady with this company too but don't do home parties anymore- only fundraisers and facebook parties because I still want to learn from them and I can still be involved on a smaller scale to help others & stay in touch with great friends that also use jewelry to love on others). All the customer service working as a waitress, as a sales clerk in my small hometown grocery store and as receptionist at a local spa all translate perfectly to where I am now.

I am most active here on the forum and on Facebook. I help with our RCUW facebook page so from time to time you will hear my tone in the posts there. I have a blast with my boutique facebook page~it's new and small for now but my goal is to create a community of people who love themselves, see their beauty, create a better world and I use humor, fun and clothing to do that.

I remember saying more than once, "it's not about the clothes really". I really think if you are passionate about anything when you look deep into it, it's not about that "thing" but what that "thing" can do to make people happier or make the world a better place. With all that said, hope to see you around and I would love for you to reply and let me know what your passion is!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

MicheleJennae

Re: I am Jess

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:18 am

I love how you recognize all the lessons learned from your experiences and you've pulled them together where you are now.

Your mission to "create a community of people who love themselves, see their beauty, create a better world" is AWESOME!!

Michele Jennae
Sowing Seeds of Serendipity

www.artuitivecoaching.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:33 am

Thanks Michele~
My mission meshes so well with what we do here at rcuw!
Glad to let you in to who I am and what I do :)

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

happilyheatherg

Unread post by happilyheatherg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:43 am

Thank you for inviting me here, Jess!
I love your introduction, it paints you very accurately!
Thank you for today, your time and assistance in focusing my lens a bit.
Let's do it again soon!

Heather

Heather Gregory

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Yay Heather & welcome!!!! It is so amazing, a place where everyone connects, helps and uplifts one another!
& I agree, we should do this more often!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Jess, I cannot express how much I love that you are a part of the forum and our Admin team. You are amazing. You bring so much light, good vibes, dedication and competition to all that you touch. I LOVE IT! Thank you for all that you do and for all that you are!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:26 am

Well I am very glad to be here! It is a great group to be a part of~I definitely have gotten just as much out of it as I have given into it!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Yay! I love to hear that! I am really looking forward to you doing more video with us! It's gonna be great!

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:34 am

Ahhh videos...such a big game changer in business BUT that thing that makes me hesitate. I suppose your pushing will be that thing that gets me over the hump!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:23 pm

You are going to do awesome, Jess. I am very confident in your abilities AND you're willing to learn. I'm excited about it.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:30 am

600 - BirthdayJessica.jpg
600 - BirthdayJessica.jpg (68.6 KiB) Viewed 6493 times

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com