Secret Sister Gift Exchange Scam

Topics you want to discuss or that are trending on social media.
Sheryl Loch

Secret Sister Gift Exchange Scam

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:59 am

If you have been on Facebook anytime in the last few days, you have probably seen at least one of your friends posting that they need 36 friends to join their "Secret Sister Gift Exchange". Argh what a load of crap!

They say you sign up and you send a $10 gift to 1 person and you will get 36 gifts back...
Helloooooooo, warning Will Robbins, Nasa we have a Problem...pick any saying you want that comes to mind when you see a message that screams "Stranger Danger"!

I am not sure how many people have fallen for this bullshit, but I will assume plenty or it wouldn't keep going around. Chain letters and pyramid schemes have been around for YEARS and people still jump in with both feet to be taken down the river without a paddle.

If you have seen this "Secret Sister Gift Scam" going around Facebook, be sure to tell your friends that it is a scam and to stay clear of it. Hell, things like this are illegal in most places.

If you want to do a gift exchange, do it right...trade names and send each other a gift...don't fall for someones way to scam you and your friends!

I just found a link to a news station with the warning!!

Secret Sister Pyramid Scam taking over Facebook
440 - Scams.jpg
440 - Scams.jpg (17.4 KiB) Viewed 2979 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Secret Sister Gift Exchange Scam

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:46 pm

I hate this kind of stuff in the first place. I am definitely not surprised that it's a scam at all.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:31 am

Amazing what some people said about this...some said they didn't care, they were just happy that they got to send a gift to someone and brighten their day. And that is why these chain mail things keep going around. People don't demand that things work as state...they just want to stay in the land rainbows and unicorn.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:41 pm

There are so many better ways to brighten someone's day. If I were going to do something, I'd send something to a friend that they either needed or would love. It's more thoughtful. I don't live in the land of rainbows and unicorns...

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com