The Happy Birthday Song is Free to Use

Topics you want to discuss or that are trending on social media.
Sheryl Loch

The Happy Birthday Song is Free to Use

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:34 pm

That's right peeps and penguins, you may now sing the song 'Happy Birthday to You' and not worry if you are going to get a copyright strike.

Ok, I am talking about on YouTube, but you can now sing it anywhere and nothing bad will come. A federal court judge ruled that Warner did not have valid claim to the copyright. So after 80 years, the song is now available to the public for use.

You can see the full article for more details at - http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

Think of all the schools, families and restaurants that have worried about making a video of their celebration and being sued...

oh well, Warner, that is what happens when you are assholes...the good side finally wins!

Share on social!

Download these images made for your convenience and add this link
Attachments
440 - Happy Birthday Song.png
440 - Happy Birthday Song.png (137.41 KiB) Viewed 3142 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

JessMaynard

Re: The Happy Birthday Song is Free to Use

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:16 pm

LOL that made me laugh Sheryl & I had seen this story and immediately thought of you! I know you are always stressing copyright and not getting in trouble! WooHoo now we can sing away~not sure we want the masses to really- it was probably saving us all from a lot of terrible renditions. :)

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:02 am

Dang, I was going to make a video of me singing Happy Birthday so you could use it for all your family and friends. Never mind, I'll just sing in the shower and not share my lovely voice with the world. ;-}

Yes, I am a freak about copyright...it is to much trouble to fight and I have done plenty of that over people doing stupid shit.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:33 pm

The Happy Birthday song makes even good singers sound bad. Glad we don't have copyright issues anymore on it. Jeez...that was lame.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com