Uber & Hilton hotels unite

Topics you want to discuss or that are trending on social media.
JessMaynard

Uber & Hilton hotels unite

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:13 am

This week Hilton Hotels announced and improvement to their app. Users can now book an Uber car from the app & what set them apart from other hotel apps is their "Local Scene" feature being released later this month. Uber uses it's drop off data to identify local hot spots and let the Hilton app users see this. So if there is an event, concert, restaurant or club having a lot of drop offs; if will show up as part of the "Local Scene".

I can see so much potential for local businesses. As a club owner, could giving Uber users a free drink or doing some other special help you to get on the hot spot list & bring more people to your club? Could this be a good ROI??

Hilton & Uber partner

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Uber & Hilton hotels unite

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:33 pm

I think this could be really advantageous for local businesses if they got on board.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:22 am

Uber has not been ok'd in Nevada yet as the Taxi Cab Authority has been buttheads and pushed every way they can to keep them out. But I bet something like this partnering with Hilton could be huge here. Think of all the places always having special events and many times tourist probably have no idea just how many things are going on. Nor would they have any chance of seeing more local things than just concerts and shows on the strip. Guess we will see if Uber can get into Las Vegas and how this adds to their business.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:35 pm

Ooooh, I saw this article that kind of fits in with this...or at least shows how tracking on phones can help people decide when to shop... Google Now Featuring a Location’s Popular Hours on Mobile Devices.

I guess Hilton and Uber could also tie this info in to their plans.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:43 pm

I'm wondering if Google Now will incorporate the concept of the Google Here program they just killed. This could be interesting to see how this plays out.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com