How Could Google or Facebook Steal the Presidential Elections

Topics you want to discuss or that are trending on social media.
Brad West

How Could Google or Facebook Steal the Presidential Elections

Unread post by Brad West » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:14 pm

The theory of an algorithm stealing an election sounds pretty farfetched. Or is it? After reading some of the research and testing that Robert Epsiein and Ronald Robertson in the 2010 Australian elections and they also went to India in advance of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections with 800 million eligible voters. They also did some controlled lab tests.

Of course search does not have complete control of serving information mainstream media has a great role of mind control and is extremely effective also. As you’d expect, Google doesn’t think it’s very likely their algorithm is stealing elections. I now more than ever wonder why top Google Brass has been spending so much time at the White House this past year or so.

Bottom line it’s a great thing for everyone to understand search and SEO not just for your own good but so you can ask good questions when something looks a bit odd.

Great article in Wired by Adam Rogers

Don't Waste Time on Things that Don't Work
Live Life Large!

JessMaynard

Re: How Could Google or Facebook Steal the Presidential Elections

Unread post by JessMaynard » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Great intro & article. I think you are right Brad, people need to understand search and understand they need to not just read something online but consider the source.
Search's ramifications can be so, so tremendous. We, as a people, really have to think not just have blind faith that what we find is factual when often it's opinion written in a way that disguises it as reality/news. Understanding that is hard and understanding even the most simple concepts of SEO & search will help us consider the source!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Obama didn't have a Twitter account until this year, BUT social media definitely played a role in both of his elections. We live in a time where a candidate HAS to be on social.

Regardless of whether or not a candidate is on social media, SMM will be a powerful force in this next Presidential election. Sheryl even mentioned it here in this week's Firehose Friday video.

https://youtu.be/UFzVXaXPih8

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:18 am

I completely get all my news from SM to start. I know that is bad but I don't watch news (I feel it's all too filtered & biased by the media outlet). Anyone without a SMM strategy is completely out of the game as far as I am concerned.
Altho if you make waves and news all the time like Donald Trump I suppose you can count on everyone else to spread the word for you LOL ;)

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY