What is your biggest time management challenge?

Topics you want to discuss or that are trending on social media.
systemsavvy

What is your biggest time management challenge?

Unread post by systemsavvy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:09 am

As we get to the end of the year - we tend to ADD activities and commitments to our schedule . . . yes . . . a schedule that is already pretty busy.

What do you find is your biggest time management challenge - and what are some strategies you've tried to overcome this?

Make today productive, rewarding, and fun!

Lisa

Kirstin Hancock

Re: What is your biggest time management challenge?

Unread post by Kirstin Hancock » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:17 pm

I am trying to be strategic about what I do during the day! I am trying to set my priorities and then work through them. I get distracted by emails. Have you any strategies of how to block these in your schedule?

Kirstin Hancock
Co-founder Blue Maestro
Inventor Pacif-i, the Smart Pacifier

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:26 pm

I found that funny. We ADD activities, and then we get A.D.D!

I can tend to have too many things I want to do...ALL AT ONCE> ha haha!

I like to use a kitchen timer with a tick tick tick tick to keep me on track. The digital/phone timer doesn't do as well...as it seems I need the ticking to remind me to focus. It's amazing how fast an hour flies by, and I didn't really miss anything on Facebook.

Michele Jennae
Sowing Seeds of Serendipity

www.artuitivecoaching.com

systemsavvy

Unread post by systemsavvy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:20 am

Kirstin Hancock wrote:I am trying to be strategic about what I do during the day! I am trying to set my priorities and then work through them. I get distracted by emails. Have you any strategies of how to block these in your schedule?
Emails - we can spend CRAZY amounts of time on them!!!! I think you hit on a key when you said "block these in your schedule". It's exactly that - make time each day to process email and the tasks associated with the email. Knowing ahead of time WHEN you are going to respond allows you to keep the email app closed - so you can focus on other priorities instead of being pulled to check your email each time you see the notification.

Personally, I check email three times each day AND do it while I'm at my walking desk. (Fancy name for a treadmill under a tall table!) I log about 6K steps each day just processing email. You need to find the email schedule that works for you - then - schedule it into your day!

Hope that helps!

Lisa

systemsavvy

Unread post by systemsavvy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:22 am

Michele - great suggestion! I LOVE timers. My favorite is Cool Timer (which is a free app that I downloaded to my computer). It doesn't have the "tick tock sound" - but it uses a visual as it counts down (the picture disappears each second) - I find that super motivating! I'm always trying to beat the clock.

Lisa

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:59 am

Honestly, I have learned to use my planner to get things accomplished. It took me a long time train myself. I've also learned not to feel guilty when things don't get done. I'm human and sometimes I try to be SUPER human...lol...

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

ChrisWoakes

Unread post by ChrisWoakes » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:20 am

Actually, I believe its same right throughout the year. It’s huge challenge for a lot of people to manage out things with the limited time and experience. However, I believe times are changing and we too need to be smart working instead of hard working. The smartness for me starts from Sortlist company, as they are the real deal when it comes to helping me out with managing my work load and helping me out with projects, as their expert understand our needs and help us find relevant agencies to match up to our requirement! So, I am able to manage off the challenge easily!

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:51 pm

I haven't heard of Sortlist, Chris. I will definitely have to check it out. I agree with you though...the struggle doesn't just start and end with the year; it's ongoing for many people. Building a plan and then sticking to it is the key, but it also is challenging. Look how many people start diets or other resolutions at the beginning of each year and never stick with them. I definitely believe there is a huge mindset issue that affects how we manage our time and commitments.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com