Calling All "Hot Sauce" Aficionados

Articles about Food
krangara

Calling All "Hot Sauce" Aficionados

Unread post by krangara » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:42 am

I ENJOY the profile pieces at fastcompany.com!

Today's star of the show is: Hot Sauce

"Sales of hot sauce have grown by 150% since 2000, which is more than all the other condiments—ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, BBQ sauce—combined. Hot sauce is now a billion-dollar industry." - From the Article
Despite hailing from India, I have lost my tolerance for spice. A tiny piece of chili is enough to burn my mouth for 10 minutes, so hot sauce is definitely NOT my idea of fun ;)

However, I have an nutty husband who adds EXTRA spice to his already spicy food at restaurants - we are quite a match, I tell ya! :P

This profile piece spotlights the growth of hot sauce in the U.S of A. As Americans are becoming more curious and tolerant of other cultures, they are opening their tummies to the flavors of exotic cuisines ;)

Hot sauce is a versatile and delicious ingredient that is usually added to stews, rice or curries, but also works well as a stand-alone sauce, or so the article proclaims

Like I said, I wouldn't know - just thinking about hot sauces is compelling me to grab that glass of water (which reminds me - I haven't had a drop of water YET today :-( ) :P But if you enjoy these spicy condiments, you will RELISH this fabulous article!

Live without inhibition, love without restriction, laugh without hesitation - you are an inspiration to all! So smile and watch others curve their lips upwards too! ;)

MicheleJennae

Re: Calling All "Hot Sauce" Aficionados

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:28 pm

A very HOT piece of information Kitty.

I like hot sometimes, and sometimes I don't. My ex-husband used to add hot salsa or hot sauce to everything he ate, like some people add salt without tasting first. I had a rule... if I was cooking, he had to try it before he doused it (ruined it sometimes IMHO) with hot sauce. ha haha

I hope you've had your water by now!! HYDRATE!!

Michele Jennae
Sowing Seeds of Serendipity

www.artuitivecoaching.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:47 am

We like hot sauce in our house, especially my husband.he puts it on near anything, mac and cheese, eggs, veggies. I agree with Michele that it's ruining food at times. Our favorite is Cholula (I think) and he calls is woman sauce because the label has a woman on it. :)

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:55 am

I like hot sauce for sure. Many times though I'll just add diced raw jalapenos or serranos to my food. I don't need all the extra chemicals from the hot sauce. I'm not an afficionado, but I sure do love it. :D

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:55 pm

That is a great idea Lany. I will have to try to keep that in mind!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:54 pm

I'm good with a sprinkle of cayenne!!

I love the "woman sauce", kind of like "rooster sauce" for Tsiracha!

Michele Jennae

MicheleJennae

Unread post by MicheleJennae » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Oh I have! I used to live in Mexico and eat fresh jalapenos and serranos all the time. :D

Michele Jennae