Coeliac Disease

Articles about Food
Kirstin Hancock

Coeliac Disease

Unread post by Kirstin Hancock » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:20 am

As a mother of a child who has Coeliac disease I recommend that you read this article. From the age of one my happy baby turned into a sick runt of a child. After several trips to the emergency department and several spells in hospital she was eventually tested for Coeliac disease. The dramatic change in her behaviour and health after gluten was removed from her diet has changed our lives.

This article 'The great gluten-free diet fad' is written by London journalist William Kremer. He talks about his two year old son and their journey to discover he was gluten intolerant.
Last edited by Kirstin Hancock on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kirstin Hancock
Co-founder Blue Maestro
Inventor Pacif-i, the Smart Pacifier

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Coeliac Disease

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:31 pm

I know that when I removed the majority of gluten from my diet a few years ago, it made all the difference in my life. Unfortunately, due to circumstances gluten was added back into my diet for the last year and a half. I'm now back on mostly gluten free and it feels so much better. I feel lighter. I know that if I ever eat pizza or a burger my body does not like me.

I now eat vegan bread. My favorite is a lentil bread from One Organic that tastes like whole wheat bread, but it is totally vegan and tastes SO good! It's not hard to go gluten free at all. I definitely prefer this type of eating.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com