What do you do when your kid wants to fight?

Articles about Parenting, Family Life, Homeschooling...
JessMaynard

What do you do when your kid wants to fight?

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:45 pm

I am the mom of an amazing kid. He doesn't fit "in the box" no matter how much people try to get him to at his small public school. & I don't really want him to fit either! I mean there are so many kids that are just like each other, no innovation~just follow the leader and be exactly like the person next to you. Nope that is NOT my Sam~long hair, gamer, builder.

BUT the one thing he does still have is the ability to put up a fuss with his mama. & maybe he has it more because being different in such a small school means there are only like 5 kids in the whole school like you that don't play sports and walk their own path (their own lonely path) so the struggle to get him to school is grand. And when you have that extra pressure at school...well just like with adults, sometimes that struggle/pressure comes out directed at someone safe (like your mother instead of that punk-ass bully in gym class).

ANYWAYS, What is a mom to do? How do you deal with a kid who wants to fight you at every turn??

Click here to hopefully not kill your kids ;)

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: What do you do when your kid wants to fight?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:06 pm

I don't have kids, so I can't relate at all on this. I will say I like the idea of walking away. It seems to work in other power struggle situations too, in life and business...but not always like the author said. I'm curious how all of our parents in here deal with this?

Btw, I still have power struggles with my parents, but I win more now that I am older. :D

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:52 pm

That's funny Lany~
I think walking away is a stellar idea but like the article said it doesn't always work. I wish I knew better. I do have a Young Living essential oil called Peace & Calming and Stress Away that I slather on my 16 year old (he hates it) I also diffuse oils in his room~he thinks I am crazy :lol: :?

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Oooo... I LOVE Stress Away. I diffuse Stress Away and Peppermint together. It's so relaxing. He probably loves it, but doesn't want to admit it.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:15 pm

yea, we will go with that...lol It's tough when a kid is tough to help.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:31 pm

Lol! I'm the only one around here at the moment with no kids, so just know I am here to help and support you in any way that I can from afar! :D

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com