Amazon Video Going After YouTube Creators

Articles about Audio, Podcasting and Video Tips, Tools and Tutorials
Sheryl Loch

Amazon Video Going After YouTube Creators

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue May 10, 2016 11:08 am

Here we go again, another company is challenging YouTube as they try to get in on the video scene.

Amazon is now in the game as they launch Amazon Video Direct.
You can see the article on The Verge at Amazon challenges YouTube by offering uploaders a cut of the ads
OR
The Wall Street Journal Amazon Launches YouTube-Like Video Service

I understand why all these companies want video creators as we see video views skyrocket and TV viewers are turning on their boxes, but there is more to YouTube than just videos and creators.

YouTube has a HUGE audience, they have easy and free ways to get your message out and that is just for the everyday creator.

Facebook, Amazon and others are now talking about letting creators earn money, like YouTube, but these other sites have MANY problems as they start doing that.

For 1, they don’t have very good analytics and without good analytics, creators are left guessing about their views and who they are reaching. The Youtube analytics also gives you insight as to what people are watching and where you lose them. I could go on and on about YouTube analytics compared to other sites, but you get the idea!

The 2nd thing other sites are lacking and is a HUGE issue with creators is the content ID…Why do creators want to get involved with a site that does not even appear to care if others are stealing their creations?

ARGH! So, I think Amazon is going to need to make sure they have creators 1st on their agenda or it will just flounder.

What do you think?

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

JessMaynard

Re: Amazon Video Going After YouTube Creators

Unread post by JessMaynard » Tue May 10, 2016 1:03 pm

ugh, another one to think about is what I think...

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Amazon Video Going After YouTube Creators

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 pm

I think YouTube is ahead of the game and will stay there for a long while. Facebook, Amazon, etc are all moving in the direction of video which is great, but as you said, they are not taking care of creators at the moment. They are looking at the revenue building opportunities, but if you can't take care of the creators, they will leave you in a heartbeat.

With so many people cutting cable and moving to Netflix and Amazon for tv, it's definitely a good idea for Amazon to create a space similar to YouTube because they already have the delivery system in place.

Going to interesting to watch as all of this pans out over the next couple of years.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com