Creative YouTube Ads and Video

Articles about Audio, Podcasting and Video Tips, Tools and Tutorials
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Creative YouTube Ads and Video

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:26 pm

This article from Thnk with Google hits some major points about how video and advertising is changing as we dive deeper and deeper into this digital space.

They focus on 4 things:
1. Redefine what it means for a video to go viral
2. Treat "user experience" as a mind-set, not a department
3. Engage fans in a two-way dialogue (don't turn off YouTube comments)
4. Evolve your digital storytelling from a strict story arc to a never-ending story

This quote from the article really resonated with me and what we are doing with RCUW YouTube Channel.
It's not about one-hit wonders. It's about finding a sustainable audience that jumps at every new song you release (or in this case, video). Challenge your team to figure out what "viral" really means for your brand: How big is your audience—is it really millions? What's your primary metric? GRPs? Views? Or engagements and conversions? Do you want to build an audience this quarter—or this weekend?
Following these 4 simple steps that they outline in this article, I think, can help a new or newer YouTube channel define their goals and objectives right off the bat and create something that resonates with their audience.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Re: Creative YouTube Ads and Video

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:40 pm

I was looking at the RCUW YouTube a few days ago and I think the way that things are set up~it is an amazing tool for any small business person! It is well categorized and titles are clear to tell people what the video is about.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Thanks Jess! We've worked very hard to make sure that everything is very clear and easy to navigate for our audience.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:09 am

It is amazing how many people think their video should go viral as in the bazillions of views. It is sometimes hard for them to understand that viral in their niche may mean a few thousand views. Or they may have a super great video that gets a million views, but that doesn't mean they will increase sales no matter if they have 1,000 views or a million because 999,000 of those views were not from their target audience.

If you have a porta potty rental business in a small town, no matter how many views you get, your target market is still confined to that small group of construction companies or maybe special events in your local area and that is it.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:12 am

Of course Sheryl brings in the potty talk!! LOL

I completely agree with you about viral videos, I would rather have 100 people who want my product to see my video/ad than someone who just thinks my video is funny or cool and not going to buy my product ever! Vanity metrics don't matter as much as the $$$ coming in for me I guess.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Can we get our stuff to go viral, Sheryl? Pretty please!!! :D

Ok, enough with the begging...you're right. A viral video doesn't help most people but to create an internet sensation. I guess that could pay off for some, but not for all.

In the end, as with all things we do in business, our target market/audience is the key. We should be focusing on catering to those that will buy from us.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com