Search vs Class

Articles about Website Development, Design, Tools and Tips
Sheryl Loch

Search vs Class

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:58 am

On March 6, 2016 we all saw Nancy Reagan trending on Twitter and Facebook. Yes, she had passed away at age 94 and she was a much loved 1st Lady in the USA, so the news was HUGE.

One of the local Las Vegas news stations had a headline that read ‘Former 1st Lady Nancy Reagan Dead at 94’. The headline is accurate for sure, but holy cow did the Facebook people go crazy. They did not like the use of the word Dead.

As I saw so many calling the stations headline, classless, heartless, uncaring….I agreed it could have been worded a little more gently by saying Passed Away.

But, I also thought of Search…when we see something trending or hear a person mention someone has died, we head over to Google to search and see if it is true and to learn the details. What do most people probably search, in this case…”Nancy Reagan Dead”.

Yes, our search terms are not usually as friendly as the language we may use to talk about a person’s passing.

While I understand the search factor in this case…not sure it totally applies simply because every news outlet in the world will have the story on their sites.

So my question is; when is search more important than gentler less searchable terms?

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Search vs Class

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:03 pm

It's such sad news that Nancy Reagan passed. Ronald Reagan was always my favorite President and Nancy was such a classy lady. I've been to the Reagan Museum a dozen times and the history there is amazing.

Now on to the question. Search vs. Class. I think at times like this Class should win over Search in my opinion. We definitely search more simply so it would normally make sense. This time and these circumstances...not so much...

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Desmond

Re: Search vs Class

Unread post by Desmond » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:33 am

I too agree that in search versus class, class should win among search. Searching can be a waste of time if it would end with a nullified result. Iam too a fan of Nancy Reagan and felt very bad on that day she passed away. She was always my favorite President.When coming to Ronald Reagan, he is also done bunch of good works.