Content is NOT king

Articles about Website Development, Design, Tools and Tips
AskYvi

Content is NOT king

Unread post by AskYvi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Everyone always says "Content is King".... finally people are starting to realize that it's not, or not all there is to it.

I've been seeing more and more people talk about that you can have the best content but if people don't know about it What does it do any good?!

Derek Halpern is talking here about the Content Myth debunked and he is looking at it from the technical point of view. How does your website handle your content? Is it being displayed right? Easy to find?

It's time to realize no matter how great you are, you also have to dress for success.
We at Ask Yvi always combine the clients wishes with the best experience for your visitors.

Marisa Goudy

Re: Content is NOT king

Unread post by Marisa Goudy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:45 am

As a writer who coaches people on content creation, I totally agree. After all, show up to a networking event in a stained sweatshirt and the best, most relevant elevator pitch in the world and you're always going to be remembered as a weak act.

The challenge for many is that content creation is often "easy" compared to overhauling a site's design. All you have to do is sit down and write (ok, I know that isn't always so easy, hence my business!) compared to coding etc.

Ultimately, it's about the whole package and making sure everything is at "good enough" before you specialize in anything be it graphics or content.

Writing Coach and Copywriter for Professionals Who Make Life More Beautiful, Bearable, and Bold
marisagoudy.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Content is NOT king

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:50 pm

I like to write. I can't comprehend code at all. Dressing for the appropriate situation is important across many facets in life.

BUT...putting a dress on a pig doesn't necessarily make it cuter.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com