Stop Treating Your Homepage Like a Step Child

Articles about Website Development, Design, Tools and Tips
krangara

Stop Treating Your Homepage Like a Step Child

Unread post by krangara » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:58 am

Reams and reams of articles are penned about the importance of landing pages: those sexy beasts of web design that convince people to subscribe, recommend, buy and continue their relationship.

In the midst of these odes, the most important 'landing page' is forgotten: Your HOMEPAGE!

The author of this article contends that homepages are often treated like brochures...which is doing them grave injustice. If I click on a site and find a company shouting about its brilliance, I'll roll my eyes and get out! I wouldn't give two hoots about the remaining customer-centric pages and posts and landing pages!

You Need to HAVE Your Customer at "HOMEPAGE" ;)

Following are six actionable strategies for a homepage that actually converts
a. Get Rid of Sliders and Carousels: "I see the sliders as the indecisive marketer’s solution to the home page."

b. Focus On a Single Conversion Goal: Treat your homepage like a landing page

c. Address Your Customer's Pain Points: Out with the "WE-WE" language

d. Use Visuals to Stand Out: I ENJOY simple and uncluttered sites

e. Don't Skip the Sales Process: "Approximately 96% of visitors that come to your website are not ready to buy."

f. Don't Try to Innovate: Sometimes, familiarity is the smarter choice
No prince will save this step-child at the stroke of midnight, friends. SO make sure that your homepage is ready to be lapped up at the first glance

ENJOY
Kitt

Live without inhibition, love without restriction, laugh without hesitation - you are an inspiration to all! So smile and watch others curve their lips upwards too! ;)

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Stop Treating Your Homepage Like a Step Child

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:27 pm

I really like some of the points that are made in this article. It's SO hard to sift through the massive amount of content that gives us millions of what to do or what not to do on landing page, homepages, etc. I've read so many articles, spoken to so many different "experts" and I stll have no idea who is right! Ugh!

It can be so frustrating....

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com