Checking Twitter Follower Status

Articles about Growth Hacking, Networking Tips and Tools
Sheryl Loch

Checking Twitter Follower Status

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:13 pm

So we all have people we follow on Twitter who don’t follow us back. Many of those are brands and we never really expected them to follow us anyway.

Some maybe websites that you just love their post and follow them so you have a better chance to see their links.

Others are celebrities…no I have no accounts that follow a Kardashian! But, more like celebrities from your favorite TV show or even a big YouTuber.

None of those accounts do we worry about following us back, we just want to see what they share.

Then we have all those accounts that do the follow, then unfollow so they can build their numbers. Most of these are people who will probably NEVER even read our tweets nor will they ever retweet us. So, if they have unfollowed, do we really need to feed their ego and sort through all their tweets?

Probably not!

But figuring out who it is that you follow and they don’t follow back can be a royal pain in the ass! Who has time to sort through everyone you follow and check them out?

Not me!

So, I tried a site that is free (limited) that allows you to see who you follow that doesn’t follow back. It only takes a few minutes and you have a list of people whom you will want to decide if they are valuable or just adding clutter!

What did I use to find these Twitter accounts that were not following?

I went to Status Brew. They do have a free account that allows you to unfollow/follow a certain amount of people, but if you hit that limit, then just start popping accounts open in a new tab and follow/unfollow them from their actual Twitter page.

It also ask for your name, email…but, I just started using the tool and didn’t fill all that in.

So, there ya go…you can declutter your Twitter account even more. Start following people who may actually want to see what you post. Keep in mind that if you never log into Twitter and only automate your own links…you were probably someone I unfollowed!

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

systemsavvy

Re: Checking Twitter Follower Status

Unread post by systemsavvy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:36 am

Great resource - thanks! Checking it out now!

Make today productive, rewarding, and fun!

Lisa

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:24 am

Hey Lisa, I used it to clean out clutter in a few Twitter streams. Kind of wish I had stayed up on them rather than letting them get so far out of control.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:14 pm

I officially love this. I will be using this to filter through all the junk that I have followed for one reason or another over the last couple of years.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Sheryl Loch

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:17 pm

I use it each week!

Clear the clutter of those follow and then unfollow people.

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com