Find Your FaceBook Ad Preferences

Articles about Growth Hacking, Networking Tips and Tools
Sheryl Loch

Find Your FaceBook Ad Preferences

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:18 pm

We all know Facebook helps advertisers target the right people who they feel are the advertisers target market, but do users know what they are targeted for?

I recently went and looked at what Facebook thinks my interests are and it was kind of funny.

Under the PEOPLE I show people I never heard of! I have wrestlers? WHAT? When did I ever mention wrestling?

Hmm I am guessing that sometime I commented on a friends post about wrestling or maybe I clicked a story to see who a wrestler was? Not sure where that came from, but as an advertiser, they would be losing money on showing me anything!

Hobbies, they did pretty good! But I only have 4 listed, so I was pretty easy to nail down.

Education was wack! I get targeted for Progressivism Gender Studies and Pyramid? I’m guessing that these come from who I am friends with? Hell, if I know, but I do know none of those things are of interest to me.

Lifestyle was funny…apparently I am a Smart Phone addict! I also travel extensively and take rapid transit. Yes, that is me in a nutshell!

Under that same area is politics…they did get that right, so why do I see Hillary ads?

They also have Relationship and when you mouse over it, the popup says they gathered this from my profile or my internet connection. Wonder if people that have roommates are all seen as in a relationship due to the same internet connection?

They have several other areas with what they believe you are a target for, and you can X out ones you feel are not fitting.

But, why do that?

Where is the fun in that?

NOOOOOOOO, you should be finding wack shit to post or “like” so they are so far off base it is funny. This makes going to Facebook to see the ads so much more fun!

It isn’t like I really click on those ads anyway, so may as well just play with them!
And I am sure advertisers would LOVE if we would all do this!

So you can log into Facebook and see what your Ad Preferences are!

Let us know how on target they are for you!

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Find Your FaceBook Ad Preferences

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:13 pm

My ad preferences are all over the board. Sheesh...some are completely on point and others are way off in Never "ever" land. I do like that you can edit your preferences. That pleases me. :D

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com