Commenting makes a difference

Articles about Growth Hacking, Networking Tips and Tools
JessMaynard

Commenting makes a difference

Unread post by JessMaynard » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:03 am

After the "Are you a lazy engager?" post by Lany Sullivan a while back, I was intrigued. So I went at my social media in an experimental way.

1. Am I lazy?
2. If I engage more, what will happen?

https://youtu.be/etf4VPj9cV0

Here are the result:
1. Yes, I can be lazy (I admit it) but normally I am at the very least liking and sharing. Commenting not at much. Other people tho...yea they are pretty darn lazy I mean if you aren't even using the new emogi feelings, come ON!! That take 2 seconds instead of 1. They have made it easy for the lazy engager, use a :shock: :oops: :( or <3 from time to time people!!! It takes 2 seconds!

2. What happens when I lead the charge & comment on a post, it's just that...all the sudden other people are commenting too. ie: a friend's birthday wish post to her daughter. It had 6 likes then I commented wishing the daughter happy birthday too. Within the hour there are 4 more comments and <3 reactions on the post. That is more like it people! What did it take me? It was 5 seconds...

So my suggestions based on the results above~
1.Read Lany's post-get educated as to why it's important to your business to have more than just likes.
2. Have a call to action in your posts encouraging a comment. What is your favorite? Which do you like better? Tag a friend who would like this.
3. Lead the charge & use the hashtag #take5seconds. I would even get a biz bestie who is maybe in your niche and help each other out...comment on each other's posts, # it & other people will follow. Make commenting the trendy thing to do!!

So this continues, Can you take the pledge? Can you lead the way? Can you find a friend to collaborate & honestly comment on each other's posts? Will you help yourself? Will you help other small businesses??

Here are some more ideas too:
https://youtu.be/hkROhFvdctc

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Commenting makes a difference

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:39 am

Jess, I really love that you did an experiment to see if anything changed. It really doesn't take that much effort to start a conversation. The great thing about how the algo's are on Facebook that when you post or are tagged in something, that post could show up in your friends' news feed, so EVEN more people will see that post. Can I say... DUH!!! Go effing comment on stuff and get your name seen by more people. If people are looking for validation and vanity numbers, this is an EASY game changer.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com