Tips For Sharing Your Guest Appearances

Articles about Sales, Advertising, Email
Sheryl Loch

Tips For Sharing Your Guest Appearances

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Have you been a guest on a video, podcast or blog? If so, then you were probably really excited to get to be in front of another person’s audience. You may have also felt privileged that the person thought enough of you to invite you. If you didn’t feel these things, then why did you accept the offer?

Oh well, there will always be those that think they deserve to be a quest in your home and don’t need to lift a finger in thanks…those are the same people who rarely get invited back!

You may be surprised at how many people do NOT even share the video they were a guest on. Trust me, they are not the kind of guest you want nor should you waste anymore time on them or promoting them!

So what I want to know is what you do as an honored guest once the blog post, video or podcast is live…

Wouldn’t it be great to try and make sure that your interview has more traffic than anyone else’s? So, if that is you…I hope to list a few ways to help you do that and hopefully others will add to the list!

I’ll be sticking with YouTube video interviews mostly since that is where I live…you can apply many of these tips to blog post and podcast also.

1. Tweet that video as soon as it goes live! Then keep in mind that you need to tweet it out on a regular basis. If you have evergreen content, keep tweeting! Also tag the host in the tweet so they know you are still sending views!

2. Share that video on Facebook…same as Twitter, keep it going for as long as the content is worth!

3. Make a board on Pinterest that is for your “Guest Spots”. You can name it anything you want, but share all your collaborations in one easy to find board! This also makes it super easy to show off all your guest spots!

4. If you have a blog, you will of course want to write a nice article and share it with your readers. (NEVER copy and paste a video description or show notes, write your own. No need to be lazy!)

5. Make a playlist on your YouTube channel for your guest spots. Anytime you are interviewed or do a collaboration, make sure you add the video to that playlist.

6. Forums, do you belong to a forum where you can also write a nice post and share the video/link? Do not spam, but add value to the board by sharing!

7. Make an image for the video. You can add that to a post to be shared. It can also be added to places like Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr…

8. Make a mini promo video! Make a 20second or less video for Twitter and Facebook (Under 15sec for Instagram).

9. Do a Snapchat or Periscope mini promo announcing your guest spot! Your followers love you and would not want to miss it!

10. Don’t be lazy!

Remember that once you have made your playlist, boards and post…you can share them over and over for as long as your content is still good.

Now that you have a few ideas to help yourself get seen and show that you are a great guest…

Share your tips, so we can all be better guest and build numbers for our gracious host!
X - Guest Speaker Tips  1259472.png
X - Guest Speaker Tips 1259472.png (139.77 KiB) Viewed 6798 times
440 - Guest appearance tips.png
440 - Guest appearance tips.png (13.77 KiB) Viewed 10792 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Tips For Sharing Your Guest Appearances

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:00 pm

I'm going to be really honest on this one. This is the best place for it. It really frustrates me as the creator/interviewer of our content when I do the work (to find the guest, review their content, create the video dialogue/questions, prep the guest, event train some of them on the technology, promote the video content and this does not even include all the back end work that Sheryl does of editing, optimizing, meta and more) and the guest does NOTHING to promote the video/interview where we showcase their knowledge and expertise.

It puts me in a #facepalm moment more often than not. I really don't understand why a guest would not want to promote their content and knowledge. Many times promoting an interview that directs an audience back to your site or an offer can be more compelling than just slinging your product offer out there on social.

This really sets me off and those guests that do not promote do not get invited back to our channel for future interviews.

One of our guests, Karen Yankovich, is a rockstar at promoting her interviews that she did with us. We simple ask for all of our guests to share out the videos when they are made public and Karen has tweets going out on a regular basis about her 2 interviews that she has done with us.

When a guest of ours promotes their interview they did with us we see an increase in views and we get feedback from our guests that they see more traffic to their site from RCUW. Wow! What a concept...promote someone who is promoting you and you could increase your business... Don't do that. That makes TOO much sense.

<end rant>

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Re: Tips For Sharing Your Guest Appearances

Unread post by JessMaynard » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:49 pm

So true, as a local business would I go to dinner at a restaurant where the owner has never come in to my store to say hello or sent people my way? Heck no! But when it's reciprocal it's such a win-win. It creates an energy about things!!!
Sheryl I will try to never be lazy!!!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY