Do you know how to target your competitors?

Articles about Sales, Advertising, Email
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Do you know how to target your competitors?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:55 pm

I do this on social media for myself and my clients, but it is slowly starting to happen in the ad world. Targeting your competitors on social is handy to connect with other businesses and potential clients in the same space, but targeting your competitors in advertising is all about building your business.

Not many companies even know that they can target their competitors in their ad spend. It's a highly effective way to get attention for your own business or services from those that are looking for you. Targeting your competitors can be expensive, but I work with Randy Hilarski of High Impact Media Group Panama to make sure that all of my clients are effeciently spending their advertising dollars.

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Re: Do you know how to target your competitors?

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:26 am

The logistics of ad buying are a little over my head (for now) but the idea is a great one.
I know when I target a Facebook ads (which I don't do too often), I will choose other boutiques that are similar to mine while targeting. I love that feature & getting to people who I know are going to dig what I do! But that being said I am careful about what I personally like on Facebook knowing that ads can be sent to people who like the page and their friends. So, if I go like everyone in my industry and a competitor buys an ad they can easily target my warm market~I don't really want them doing that.

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Do you know how to target your competitors?

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Yup, brands and businesses can all re-target each other's customers. It's inevitable. This is where holding on to your clients and providing awesome service and products comes in to play. You are smart to pay attention to your activity and how you engage Jess. Great job!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com