Do You Have A Guilty Pleasure

Videos that will motivate us all!
Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Do You Have A Guilty Pleasure

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:36 am

We all have that ONE thing that makes us serenely happy or relaxed. It feels like the ultimate luxury or getaway in our lives, yet it can be the smallest thing. In this week's video, Jess shares her guilty pleasure with us and you will never guess what it is!

https://youtu.be/hmdiLRRezps
440 - guiltypleasure.jpg
440 - guiltypleasure.jpg (27.62 KiB) Viewed 3303 times

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Do You Have A Guilty Pleasure

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:50 am

Jess, I love your guilty pleasure! I never would have thought. I haven't watched those in years? A part of me finds it crazy that they have been running for 50 years since our moms were kids!

My guilty pleasure.... massages. Guilty pleasure + personal care = 1 happy Lany. :)

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:12 am

It is such a mindless activity for me & my husband likes to cook so he unwinds cooking and I watch my shows. We have a great room type feel so we can chat back and forth and he hears it all and will comment occasionally. It's kind of funny.

PS I love massages too! I have a therapist who comes to my house and we have actually done my massage on my back porch and that is better than any spa music ever LOL (but I live in the boonies)

PPS I think of that as self care~I think sometimes if we think of these things as pampering, we get caught up in a bit of guilt (maybe that is just me) but unwinding and caring for your brain and body is far from something we should be guilty about, it's just good practice! Then we don't get too worn down to keep moving on!

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:21 am

Mindless activities are definitely good. I use coloring as my escape. I'm an adult who colors. Yes, I have crayons, colored pencils and coloring books. I'll spend a couple of hours just relaxing and unwinding with my little art project. I don't consider myself overly creative or crafty, so coloring is a good happy medium.

I agree, massages are more self care and I never want to forget to take care of me. There is something about a good massage though that just makes life better. I am in desperate need of a massage lately and cannot wait for my next one.

I love the ease that you and your hubby have. That makes life so full. He gets his cooking on and you both get to enjoy your time together while you both do what you love and enjoy.

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com

JessMaynard

Unread post by JessMaynard » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:30 am

I color too! I have a box in my living room with my supplies and it's so fun! I also use the recolor app on my phone- not quite the same but close if I'm away from supplies!

I am so blessed to have a hubby I like :)

Jess Maynard-Gilbert

Shop at Ava Grace Fashions Get a free SCARF TYING VIDEO E-COURSE: Your Style made EASY

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:49 am

I've seen you post images from the recolor app. I'm going to have to check it out.

You are blessed to have a hubby you like. :D

Lany Sullivan

lanysullivan.com