Does YouTube Subscriber Count Matter

Videos about Audio, Podcasting and Video Tips, Tools and Tutorials
Sheryl Loch

Does YouTube Subscriber Count Matter

Unread post by Sheryl Loch » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:37 am

How many YouTube subscribers do you need to be considered successful? Or does it really matter how many subs you have?

I hear it all the time...people crying over not having enough subscribers on their channels and they then think they are not ever going to be successful. But, what is success for your channel? Is it the number of subs, the view count or getting to the people who are interested in what you have to say and getting them to take action?

Every channel is different. Some want HUGE view counts and don't care if the viewer only clicks on to watch 1 minute out of 20. Some may want big subscriber counts even though those subs never watch the videos or take action.

Me, I want targeted views! I want those incoming searches to hit the right video and stay because we are delivering what that person needs! Those are the viewers that will take action, because you have delivered the answer to them.

In this video by Savvy Sexy Social, she talks about subscriber count and how it isn't as important as some may think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28DiR2gzz5I

Now if you have read the thread Find Sponsors For Your YouTube and More you will know that some sponsors pay attention to subscriber/follower count and I think it is funny. I would think sponsors would be better served to look at search and duration so they hit their target audience. Guess that's just me though.

So tell us what you need to consider your YouTube channel successful!
440 - YouTubeSubscribers.png
440 - YouTubeSubscribers.png (67.11 KiB) Viewed 3330 times

I watch YouTube videos.

Sheryl Loch. com

Lany Sullivan
Site Admin

Re: Does YouTube Subscriber Count Matter

Unread post by Lany Sullivan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:52 pm

I side with you because you are my YouTube teacher. :D I know from a vanity metrics perspective, brands and sponsors want to see the follower/subscriber count; however, they really don't understand that subscribers/followers don't really mean much these days.
There is a part of me that wants more subscribers, but right now I would love our current subscribers to be more active and new subscribers to be active... Now that would be great!!

Lany Sullivan
Management, Marketing, Events

lanysullivan.com